Maybe it is an inherited trait or maybe it is as a result of my environment, but I enjoy starting over. I enjoy opening a new book, a new journal and even watching a new television show. Each new thing is a new beginning. I love new beginnings.
This Sunday, January 6th, is the second Sunday of the new year. Physically, we closed the calendar on 2018 and opened a new year with a new beginning. Most enjoy the moment of staring over and set different goals each year. Others will just continue the same path they have for a while, traveling down the same road. While there is nothing wrong with either one, the question comes down to, “Are you getting better?”
Each day, we have the opportunity to get better. Some take advantage of this opportunity every day and other let the opportunity slide by without notice. I encourage you to be a person to take advantage of the moment.
What about the advantage you have in Christ? I typically call it an opportunity, but for a moment think of it as an advantage. Here are a few of the advantages you have as a Christian:
- The forgiveness of sins (Matthew 6.12-14; Luke 5.21-24; Acts 2.38; Acts 8.22)
- The ability to live forever (John 3.15; John 6.47; Romans 2.7; Titus 1.2)
- Prayer (Matthew 6.9-13; Acts 8.22; Ephesians 6.18; 1 Thessalonians 5.17)
- Someone who cares (Matthew 11.28-30; 1 Peter 5.7)
- Fellowship (Acts 2.42; 1 Corinthians 1.9; 2 Corinthians 13.14; 1 John 1.3-7)
Have you taken advantage of the benefits of Christ? More than that, are you taking advantage of the benefits in Christ?
Just a thought,